Mental Health Awareness Week
Monday, 15th May 2023
Would your school like to join our virtual Mental Health Awareness Week assembly, being held on Monday 15th May?
Time: 1.30pm (GMT – UK time).
Running time: 30 minutes
Most suitable for: Key Stage 1 and 2
Format: It is a live, virtual assembly held on Zoom Webinar (the children can see our presenter, Greig, but he cannot see the children and they cannot see each other). Teachers can ask and answer questions on behalf of the children using the chat box.
Cost: A suggested donation of £20 per school
The live virtual assembly will be led by our Director of Kindness, Greig Trout, an experienced facilitator who runs workshops for tens of thousands of children every year. Greig will deliver a fun and engaging presentation covering:
- What Mental Health Awareness Week is.
- This year’s theme ‘Anxiety’ and what it means.
- Simple things we can do to help to reduce anxiety and prevent our worries from getting on top of us.
- The science of kindness and the role kindness plays in reducing anxiety and improving our wellbeing.
- The importance of self-kindness.
An outline of the presentation can be requested by teachers two weeks prior to the assembly if needed.